Welcome!

I write young adult novels whenever I'm not taking care of children, making meals, and tackling the Mount Everest of laundry piles.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's Official, I Have An Agent!!!!!

Wow, it is just as nice as I thought it would be to sit down and type in those words! I have signed with Lucienne Diver at the Knight Literary Agency. So exactly how did it all come about?

The short answer: I sent her my completed manuscript just before Christmas. She was able to start reading it last Friday. She emailed me that night to say that she was a quarter of the way through and loving it. Saturday afternoon she emailed me again to say that she wanted to discuss representation. She happens to live nearby so Sunday we met for coffee and she told me her vision for my story, Silo, and I accepted her offer of representation right away. By Monday I had the contract and the first half of my revisions and by Wednesday I had the rest. Now I am knee deep in revisions and synopses and loving every minute of it.

For the long answer, tune in tomorrow when I will go into detail about my querying process and the road I traveled that got me to this point. I promise it is not at all traditional.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing news! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi,

    My writeoncon buddy! Thanks for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    Thanks so much, it IS amazing news! Still smiling:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to TKA :) Looking forward to reading your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I look forward to tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celeste,

    Thanks for the welcome!

    Rena,
    Thanks for the congrats! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete