Welcome!

I write young adult novels whenever I'm not taking care of children, making meals, and tackling the Mount Everest of laundry piles.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Best News Ever!!!





Yesssss! I am officially swinging from the rafters! As of today I can announce to the world that my novel, THE SILO was picked up at auction as part of a two book deal by the fabulous Suzy Capozzi at Random House!!!! I don't think I've come down from cloud nine since I heard the news. I've just been hanging around up there for the past week waiting until I could tell all of you! I am so excited, nervous, elated, hyper over this that I find myself at a loss for words--something that almost never happens, just ask my husband! Below is the official announcement that went out today in Publisher's Weekly:

Parker Lands at RH Children’s for Debut YA

Amy Christine Parker closed a two-book deal with Suzy Capozzi at Random House Children’s Books for her debut effort, The Silo. Capozzi bought world rights, for six figures at auction, from Lucienne Diver at the Knight Agency. The YA book, which is scheduled for fall 2013, follows a teenage girl named Lyla who has been living in a religious cult after the disappearance of her sister. While her parents are hopelessly under the sway of the group’s leader, Pioneer, Lyla is drawn into a dangerous situation when she begins to question Pioneer’s prophecy about the impending apocalypse.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/book-news/deals/article/51118-deals-week-of-march-19-2012.html

12 comments:

  1. So thrilled for you Amy :D I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So glad I had you and the rest of GfA to get me through this process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Congratulations!! You must be over the moon! It's already on my to-read list for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am over the moon! Can't wait until 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, that's fantastic! So happy for you, and your book sounds AMAZING. And 2013 isn't even that far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you think the book premise sounds good! And it really won't be long...which is exciting!! It's been a whirlwind so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Amy, that is the most FANTASTIC news!! Congratulations!! Wow!!:)

    Brilliant!!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a bunch, I'm still taking it in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING NEWS!!!! So incredibly thrilled for you, Random House sista :) I think I like that term!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very awesome! Your book sounds incredible!

    <3 a fellow Random House sista. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Peggy! Love my Random House sistas--we are a force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete