Next Week is FULL Of Awesome!8/10/2012
Here's why I like it:
1. You can attend in your pajamas while eating chocolate. What's not to love about being comfy and indulgent while learning how to be a better writer?
2. You can post your work: first five pages of your manuscript, your query, your synopsis. Not only do other writers take a look at them, but quite possibly lurking agents!! You could get discovered without actually ever querying!!
3. All kinds of talented authors contribute. There is no other con that I know of where so many authors give out advice at the same time.
4. You can talk directly to agents, ask them questions, and get answers right away during the live chats. Last year Jessica Sinsheimer stayed in a live chat LONG after she had to answering questions and it was one of the most informative and wonderful interactions I've had with an agent at a con. Every agent that participates here is so generous with their time and expertise. It literally bowled me over last year.
5. You can pitch an agent without all the face to face nervousness that usually accompanies a conference pitch. I participated in the Twitter pitch last year and it was seriously fun and my palms weren't even sweaty!
6. It's one of the easies places to find other writers, get a feel for what kind of things other people are writing, and generally figure out if what you're writing is unique. Reading other people's work is where I got the most out of the con.
7. I'm a part of it this year!!! That's right! I'm involved with the Lucky 13 writing and marketing tips (scheduled for Wednesday), am on the official books list, and giving away a critique!
So clear your schedule, gather some snacks and join me at the con this year. I promise that it will be worth your while! AND if you decide to attend and are posting work, let me know in the comments (remember to give me specifics on how to find your thread) so that I can drop by and read your work!!